Photographic Equipment Rental Agreement
Between RENTALIGHT Limited (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") and the user (hereinafter referred to as the "renter"), this "Equipment Rental Agreement" (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement") was signed. Performed by Rainbow Store Camera. This agreement becomes official and takes effect when the tenant signs the paperwork. Signing this equipment rental agreement indicates that the renter accepts all of the terms and conditions of the agreement, whether or not they have read it. This equipment rental agreement and all of its terms and conditions are subject to change at any moment, in the company's sole discretion. The Hirer acknowledges acceptance of the updated terms and conditions by signing the agreement. Both parties hereto agree, in line with the conditions of this Agreement, as follows:
- Although the company takes every precaution to ensure that prices and descriptions are accurate, it retains the right to make corrections at any time. Without previous warning, all prices and availability are subject to change.
- The usage or malfunction of the equipment does not release the hirer from liability or claims. All liabilities resulting from the use or malfunction of the equipment are assumed by the hirer.
2. Shipping plans
- The day that the equipment is agreed to be picked up between 12 noon and 5 pm and the day that it is returned between 12 noon and 5 pm is the rental calculation day. The business maintains the right to impose additional rent if any circumstances result in a delay during the handover period.
- Until the equipment is brought back to the company's premises, the renter bears all liability for any loss or damage to the equipment from the moment it leaves the company's property.
4. Rent and deposit
- The entire amount due either at the time of pickup or before. ( The entire retail value of all rental equipment, which is the current recommended retail price by the company or the retail price of the item in Hong Kong, is the amount of the deposit. )
- The paid deposit will be reimbursed if the business determines that the equipment is returned in excellent shape and in the same state as before renting. The amount needed to repair or return the equipment to its original state will be subtracted from the deposit if any of the following situations arise: the equipment is damaged or altered; if the equipment is lost or destroyed beyond repair, the renter will be responsible for paying the full amount of the deposit in order to buy the same equipment.
5. Return Equipment
- All equipment must be put back in the original packaging that the business gave it in when it was rented. This needs to happen when it is brought back before to the office. In order to prevent damage during transportation, the equipment must be adequately safeguarded if the hirer does not utilize the original packing.
- The last day of the rental period (before 12 noon to 8 p.m.), the renter is required to return the equipment to the business's office.
6. Late return penalty
- If a return is made after the deadline, there will be a fine and the "late return penalty" will be subtracted from the deposit. The highest daily penalty after the deadline is three days' worth of equipment rental.
- The equipment will be deemed stolen and the entire deposit will be utilized to buy the same item if it is not returned within 7 days of the expiration date.
- Should the equipment be misplaced or not returned, the business maintains the right to file both criminal and civil lawsuits. The renter is responsible for covering all damages incurred by the company in the event that they return the equipment they borrowed from them late and cause any losses.
7. The company cancels the order
- The firm retains the right, prior to agreeing on the equipment rental time, to cancel any order for any reason.
- The Company will always be the owner of all rented equipment. The equipment is not subject to any rights or claims by the hirer.
9. Damaged or altered equipment
- Prior to receiving any rented equipment, the renter should examine it. In order to safeguard both parties, the renter must explain any existing damage to the equipment right away and maintain documentation of it.
- When the equipment is returned at the conclusion of the rental period, the company will charge the renter compensation for any damage that has occurred, with the amount taken out of the renter's deposit. Before giving the equipment back to the hirer, the hirer shall maintain it in excellent working order.
- The equipment may not be altered or modified by the hirer. Should any alterations be made, the renter shall pay all expenses incurred by the company to return the equipment to its original state prior to the rental.
- The renter is responsible for any risks of equipment damage sustained during the rental period. (It will be presumed that any damage to the equipment happened during the rental period unless the renter discloses damage to the Company at the time of inspection of the equipment.)
- In the event that equipment is damaged, the business will determine a suitable repair location and technique. All maintenance fees are the renter's responsibility and will be subtracted from the security deposit.
- When returning the equipment to the company, the renter is responsible for making sure it is clean. The "cleaning fee" may be subtracted from the deposit if the business determines that the equipment needs to be cleaned after it is returned.
- The renter is responsible for paying the whole deposit and the cost of the replacement equipment to the company if the equipment is beyond repairable.
10. Defective equipment
- The hirer is not allowed to fix or alter the equipment on his own if the equipment malfunctions or is damaged as a result of carelessness or malicious activity. If any equipment is defective, the renter is required to return it to the firm. Depending on the extent of the damage, the company will deduct the appropriate amount from the deposit.
11. Lost accessories or equipment
- The renter is responsible for all risks of equipment loss, regardless of cause, throughout the rental period. In the event that the renter notifies the company that the equipment is lost or stolen while the rental is in effect, the renter will be responsible for paying the whole deposit to cover the cost of purchasing new equipment. All deposits will be subtracted by the business in order to pay for recovered or lost equipment. The entire deposit, which is needed to buy replacement equipment, must be paid by the hirer if the equipment is not returned within seven days of the rental period ending.
- Absent add-ons
The complete expense of replacing any missing equipment (such as bags, tripod rings, chargers, batteries, covers, etc.) will be the renter's responsibility to the company.
12. Breach of contract
- Should the Hirer fail to pay the Company, all outstanding sums will be immediately payable. Should there be a breach of contract, the Hirer will bear the reasonable costs (including collection and legal fees) incurred by the Company in trying to get the money owed from the Hirer. The Company retains the right to pursue any and all criminal and civil legal actions, including but not restricted to: obtaining possession of the equipment, collecting any unpaid balances using the renter's designated payment method, engaging a third-party collection agency or private detective, bringing criminal charges, and taking any other reasonable legal action. civil litigation. Selecting one of the options above does not imply giving up the others.
13. Extra costs associated with postponement or cancellation
- After the rescheduling, the tenant will be liable for any damages or associated costs that the business incurs.
14. Plans for typhoons and unusual weather
- Black rain storms or typhoon signals of no less than eight
In the event that a black rainstorm warning or typhoon signal No. 8 is issued more than two hours before the scheduled rental time, the rental firm will work with the renter to adjust the date and time or cancel the reservation.
- Red rains storms or typhoon signals of no less than three
The rental service will still leave on time if Typhoon Signal No. 3 or Red Rainstorm Warning is issued before the scheduled rental time, or if the higher Typhoon Signal is changed to Typhoon Signal No. 3 and the Black Rainstorm Warning is changed to Red Rainstorm Warning two hours prior to the event. Consumers must stay in constant communication with the business to verify settlement arrangements.
** Please refer to the rental contract's Chinese version.